Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 3

The Quick Stats:
Days I've had Vibram Fivefingers: 3
KMs Run in Fivefingers: 3
Longest run in Fivefingers: 3km
Love/Hate? Loving the pain ;)

OUCH!

I got out of bed this morning and my calves felt about the same as the day after my last ultra. In fact, they felt worse! But, it's a good kind of pain, a good muscle pain, so I'm not too worried. I've read more since yesterday's run, and I'm convinced I'm just not striking the ground correctly - landing too much on my fore-foot, not really mid-foot.

It's Saturday AM, and I'm on my way to an out of town wedding, so I won't get a chance to run again till Monday. I'll post after that run - with details of how the calves are, and how run 2 goes when I'm working on the new, hopefully better technique.

Cheers,
M@

No comments: